The highways of Oregon are busier than ever. A significant portion of that traffic consists of commercial trucks rushing to deliver their products to homes and businesses. The frantic pace of commerce can sometimes cause carelessness amongst drivers, leading to accidents.
The experienced legal team at the law office of Tawni Tagaki understands how an accident with a large commercial vehicle can change an individual’s life in an instant. You may face a long stay in the hospital or extensive rehabilitation, which of course comes with large medical bills.
Here are a few important facts about commercial vehicle accidents:
- In America, an accident involving a commercial vehicle occurs once every sixteen minutes.
- On average, the cost of an accident involving a semi-truck is about $100,000.
- The Federal government requires all truck drivers to obtain a CDL (Commercial Drivers License).
- Insurance companies often only provide coverage to drivers in a higher age bracket who also possess a certain number of years of driving experience. They may also reject drivers who have been involved in a specific number of at-fault accidents over a certain period of time, or who have committed a number of major moving violations.
- There are a number of different commercial truck insurance policies, making this a diverse and complicated area.
While these factors add complexities to commercial vehicle accident claims, they can also make it easier to hold a driver or company liable for damages.
Put Our Knowledge of Oregon Injury Law Behind You
Businesses are required to abide by a number of regulations regarding the operation of commercial trucks. Among these are specific laws pertaining to the maintenance of such vehicles as well as rules for how many hours a driver can drive in a 24-hour hour period. If you or someone you care about has suffered an injury resulting from a commercial vehicle accident, it’s important to get in touch with an attorney who possesses comprehensive knowledge of these regulations in order to assist you with your case.
We take on personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay us anything unless we obtain a settlement or resolution in your favor.
Our attorneys utilize expert accident investigators capable of reviewing police reports and conducting their own independent investigation, including reconstruction of the accident, to help build a strong case for you.
Some companies shamelessly attempt to use their vast amounts of resources to deflect truck driver negligence in personal injury claims. Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge needed to take on companies with deep pockets. Often times we can reach a favorable settlement without ever having to go to court. Nevertheless, should it be necessary to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients, we always stand ready to proceed to trial.
If you have any questions about a commercial vehicle accident that you have been involved in, our Oregon commercial vehicle accident attorneys will review your case in a free consultation. Contact us today.